Monday, July 28, 2014

He's here! Baby B is here!

Hi all,

I have been a terrible blogger these last few months, but I wanted to update and say that our sweet boy arrived via c-section on July 20th (exactly a week before his due date) and was 9lbs 11oz of perfection!

I am so grateful to finally have my boy in my arms and there are no words to express how much I loved him, the second the held him over the curtain in the operating room. I went from being in pain, to crying emotionally about seeing his face in person.

It was quite the stressful birth because my water broke on Friday night and I was in labor for 30 hours before my c-section. During that time, I had 2 epidurals because the first one wasn't working, 2 IV's because one infiltrated and a lot of pain. Finding out that an epidural doesn't work as well for me as it might for other women was a fun tidbit, because even after the second epidural, I was still in so much pain. Along with being in pain, I was not making much progress and by the end of 30 hours, I think I was maybe dilated 4.5-5cm, which was just crazy to me. The midwife said that it was normal to progress slowly when your water breaks early and that as long as I was making progress, I could keep going, but 30 hours was my limit for sure. I guess it isn't like in the movies! Apparently water only breaks first in about 10% of women and I was one of those lucky 10%.

I also had some BP issues at the hospital where it kept fluctuating up and down, even after the baby was born, so they monitored me till I was discharged. The day I was discharged, I had a higher reading and then my left eye started seeing a grey haze, which went away not long after, but it still freaked me out. Then the day after I was discharged, my eye did it again and it was really starting to worry me....by Friday morning at 4am, my eye had done it again and had not recovered and I basically lost vision in my left eye. Had to drag all of us to the ER and then was referred to an eye doctor where I was told that blood managed to get into my eye just fine, but couldn't escape and caused blood vessels to break which is now blocking my vision, The doctor also said that it is something young people don't normally get, so I had blood work done to see if there was an underlying cause for this and then I go back to the eye doctor in two weeks. In the meantime, he says because I am young, it MIGHT go away on it's own (which I am praying hard for) and I am to stay calm until then because high blood pressure isn't good for it. Needless to say, I am stressed beyond my limits and staying calms is very difficult when you are recovering from surgery and can only see out of one eye. If ya'll have any spare good thoughts and prayers that this problem resolves, I would be eternally grateful.

Thankfully, holding my baby boy helps calm me and I am so lucky for J and baby B and Parker to help take care of me and help keep me calm.

Day he came home and met big bro 
Hanging out with mom

Newborn photoshoot

6 comments:

  1. He's so beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY - he is so adorable! I especially love the picture of Parker and B! I'm so glad to hear that you are all doing mostly well and I hope the issues with your eye go away soon too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. B is so cute!! Congrats on your little boy!!

    I'm so sorry your labor and delivery was so rough. I really hope your vision clears up and goes beck to normal, that must be so stressful. I'll be sending you good thoughts and vibes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, well worth 30 hours of labor, things that only a mother would do!
    Congratulations and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

  5. McAfee offers a high level of security and has an advanced scanning feature. The McAfee firewall secures the users from unknown websites. It also gives the users a full report about the threats which the antivirus had already blocked from the system. The retail card of McAfee will permit the users to download, install and activate McAfee product to their system by inserting a compact disk or going to its website.
    MCAFEE.COM/ACTIVATE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today the Microsoft Office is the basic need of every computer users. Microsoft Office is available in the various versions like- Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 365 and the Microsoft Office released your latest version that is Microsoft Office 2019 on 24 September 2018.
    OFFICE.COM/SETUP

    ReplyDelete