Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's a.......!!!!

Going to be partners in crime! Uh-Oh!

I had a 16 week ultrasound today to make sure my cervix wasn't shortening due to a past cervical biopsy and thankfully everything with that is looking good so far! Baby Seahorse was also kind enough to show us the goods and we found out we are officially having a baby BOY! It feels so surreal because I never thought I'd be a mom to a boy! We have so many girls in our family, so I just always pictured having a girl as well! We are happy and excited though, I just have to let go of the pink and the tutu's for now! LOL

 

Nurse typed "BOY" next to his little weenie. haha
 
During the ultrasound, obviously the cervix was the big thing to look at, so the ultrasound tech did that first for me so I could breathe, and then she started looking for his little tooshie to find his "bits". Little stinker was wiggling around, so other than us being able to get a good view of the boy parts, he didn't want to cooperate for a good picture for his mama! He stayed face down, so no good profile shots or anything, but I am glad we got such a great one during our NT and will hopefully get another one during the anatomy scan at 20 weeks!
Baby Boy face down...good view of his spine though!


I'm super excited about finally being able to really plan out how I want to decorate his nursery and look for cute boy things that will satisfy my mommy shopping desires like girly tutu's would have! We knew that the nursery would have an "Under the Sea" theme for Baby Seahorse, but now we know we can make it more masculine and pick out some cute things for our boy.

I was also 16 weeks on Sunday, so little baby boy Seahorse is the size of an avocado and according to the ultrasound tech, measuring 4 days ahead....I may have a chunker on my hands!
Still working on finding another chalkboard!




4 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the baby boy! I'm so glad to hear that everything looks great with both of you. I also can't wait to see what you pick out for his nursery :)

    ReplyDelete