Monday, March 10, 2014

I've been a bad blogger!

I have been soooo bad about blogging lately! I think mostly because I am too lazy to do the chalkboards! Chalk is a pain and the chalk markers stain and ruined the board anyway...I don't know how Starbucks manages to clean off their boards at the end of each day!

Anyway, we are officially half baked over here! 20 MORE weeks until I get to meet my boy!


Nothing too exciting has gone on since my last update...finding out he was a boy was as exciting as it gets around here!

Oh well, that's a lie....I got a few surprises at my door last week! A good friend of my mom's went on my registry and ended up buying my baby boy's crib and mattress for him! I am so grateful and excited, it feels special coming from someone that was close to my mom, since my mom isn't here to enjoy all this with. I know my mom would be very grateful for her friend's support as well...this woman and her family have been very supportive of me since I lost my mom and they feel like family to me.

  Another friend of mine sent my boy a whole stroller/carseat travel system! I am also super grateful for that! I am thankful for any bit of help and generosity my boy receives from friends and family and don't know what we would do if we didn't have that support! Baby gear is not cheap!
I can't build a crib on my own, but I was too excited to keep the travel system in it's box for the next few months! After a little manual labor (it seriously isn't that easy!), I managed to put the stroller together all by myself! Skills! Now I can't wait till I have my little boy to push around in it for walks! So excited!


We are having our anatomy scan later this week, so I hopefully get a new photo of my little stinker! Hopefully nothing new to update on him, other than he is still doing well!

I can feel him kicking and wiggling around in there and I think he may have a tad bit of an attitude! He apparently doesn't like it when I let my stomach growl (I suppose it must be loud for him in there!) because he goes crazy with the kicks and wiggles! I have also found out that he seems to  HATE the doppler...the moment I put it on my stomach to find him, the doppler gets a big old kick (loud noise in my ear!) and he squirms away so I can't catch his heart beat for very long. He kicks me the hardest if I have the doppler out!

I am hoping I will be more motivated to give updates in the future! My life is not very exciting outside of the pregnancy right now, I need to find some hobbies when I get my freedom back with a second car again!

No comments:

Post a Comment