Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cycle Day 1: Moving forward with IVF

Trixy is feeling the CD1 pain!
 
CD1 came a few days earlier than I expected and normally, I wouldn't hope for my period, but I needed it to come early this week in order for the timing for my IVF to be on schedule. We are leaving for a road trip on Saturday and I needed to have my CD3 blood work done before we leave, so that when we get back from our trip, I will be all set to start my first round of injections.
If my period had started later, I may have had to wait until August for IVF, because our clinic does a complete shut down of their embryology lab a few times a year and August is one of those times. They do this so they can check the functions of all the machines to make sure they are in tip top shape to be handling people's precious embryo's and obviously could not have any embryo's growing in these machines while they do this.
 
Next step for IVF:
  • This Tuesday, we have our "Go Visit" with our R.E. This is where we go over all of my medications, when I take what and we sign all of the consent forms for IVF! If everything with my blood work and baseline ultrasound goes well, I should be starting Lupron injections by mid-July. Lupron is a drug that will suppress my ovaries' natural production of follicles, so that they can give me stimulating medication after that, that will cause multiple mature follicles to grow at the same time. Multiple mature follicles, hopefully means multiple mature eggs!
I spent most of my Sunday moping on the couch with a giant headache, courtesy of AF, so Parker and I decided to beat the heat with a couple popsicles!
We did not share popsicles though!
 
 

 
 



4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you don't have to wait until August! I know AF is a pain, but for once it seems to be working in your favor.

    I love the pic of Trixy by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Trixy! I love Parker more! YAY for being on track and not having to wait! FX things continue to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Trixy is hilarious! I'm happy you don't have to wait until Aug, surprisingly nice to see AF this time around. Parker is way too cute, but I was pretty happy to see you each got your own popsicle - that's where I draw the line ;)
    Hope the appointments go well this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I can follow along with your IVF journey now! And I mean that in the creepiest way possible ;)

    ReplyDelete