Thursday, June 20, 2013

Introduction: First Blog Post EVER!

Characters you will see in my blog:
 


Me:
 I am 27 years old and have been married a little over a year, to my best friend. The year before we got married, my mother was very ill and she passed away two weeks after my wedding, at 49 years old. This event changed my life and I could not have gone through it without my husband and my dog, Parker.
After my mom became ill, I decided I needed to take my own life into my control and stop living in limbo, waiting for something to happen. One of the big decisions for me, was being ready to try for a family. I have always been a "mother hen" as my mom would call me and even as a child, I tended to my dolls and pets as if they were my children. Being a mother is just part of who I feel I am meant to be and I am READY! We have been trying to get pregnant for almost 15 months at this point and I have gone through some fertility testing, which has left us with the plan of starting IVF meds in July and hopefully an egg retrieval and embryo transfer in August!
 
J (Husband):
Since it is my choice to have a blog, I won't talk too much about my husband, but he will be mentioned here and there.
 
Parker:
 
Parker is our 2 year old goldendoodle and the light of our lives. From the night Parker came home with us, he has snuggled his way into our hearts with his gentle, goofy and intuitive personality. He came into our lives, just before my mother had become ill and he was and still is, the boy that makes us smile every day. We consider him part of our family and while I know it is not the same as having a child, I consider myself his mom and I just want to make that clear for all the "furbaby" skeptics out there. You will be seeing a lot of Parker in my blog, so get used to it! :-)
 
 
Beatrix (Trixy):
 
 

This is my IVF buddy, Beatrix (Trixy), which means "blessed", because I am hoping we will be blessed with a baby soon! Trixy is a plush uterus and she will be with me on my IVF journey. She just arrived today, so we are still getting acquainted, but she may help with some of the blogging as well! :-)
 
Excuse the dust on the computer!
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. This is very beautifully written. I look forward to reading more about your journey :)

    I'm also loving the pictures of Parker and Trixy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! you got it to work! I LOVE the background! I am so happy you made a blog, I think you might really like it. I can never get enough of Parker :-)
    Trixy at your computer...so THAT'S who I was chatting with last night LOL:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new blog to stalk! Love the background, I want to be there now! I hope you find this to be a great outlet, I'm still new to blogging but I'm enjoying having a place to get it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I made you do it lol. Can I just say I'm in love with that picture of Parker snuggling with your plush uterus! Every blog post should include pictures of Parker, I voted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support girls! Lol I just figured out the comments section! I am soooo not a techie person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see you have found this outlet :) Blogging is awesome! I'm looking forward to following you and am wishing you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete