Friday, June 28, 2013

“Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.”

Tomorrow, we leave for our last vacation before IVF starts....
We decided to make a visit to J's brother in Indiana to see our nephew, since baby S will be two in July and we haven't seen him since our wedding in May 2012!



This will be the longest road trip I have taken (the last one was 13 hours and that was torture!) and it will be Parker's first family road trip! We learned from our last trip that 13 hours in a car is not fun, so we have decided to break our trip to Indiana into two days of driving, therefore we will have time to stop with Parker and maybe enjoy some sights along the way!

Today, I did some trip prep work and tried to organize my packing. I am definitely over packing, but I like to be prepared for every situation and I get a little carried away! I have about a million toiletries to bring, plus my vitamins, multiple outfit choices (which I will never end up even wearing!) and of course Parker and J have their own luggage to bring! Luckily for me, Trixy is a simple gal and only needs to bring herself, but she wanted to make the trip, since come August, she will hopefully be a very busy ute for...I don't know....9 months or so???

This isn't even everything!

 

Along with organizing and packing today, I took Parker to get groomed so that he looked snazzy for his family visit! I am so glad J's brother is letting us bring him with us, since most of my side of the family would say "no way" to him even coming to a daytime get together. Our wonderful dog-sitter is going to be out of town the same time as us, but I just prefer having Parker with me anyway, especially for holidays!
"Sexy and I know it"---After grooming
 
I am so excited to be getting some time with our nephew (I may be a little biased, but he is pretty darn cute)! I am just a little worried that he will have the whole "stranger danger" thing and won't be nice to me though. I just want to get all the baby cuddles I can get and I am also kind of excited to see how he and Parker interact. Parker is wonderful with children and I know he will make a fantastic big "brother" someday, but it will be nice for a little sneak preview on what it would be like having a baby and Parker in the same house.
 
Anyway, I feel like I am rambling, but I will keep you all posted on how our trip goes!
 


3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the pics of Trixy and Parker! Have a fun and safe trip. I can't wait to hear more details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3<3 Have fun and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all the pics from your vacation! Looks like you're having fun, except for that scary storm.

    ReplyDelete