Monday, July 8, 2013

Dealing with insurance...

Just wanted to update everyone on the progress of my IVF.
Last week, I called my RE's office to see if everything had been approved by insurance and of course it hadn't and the woman that deals with insurance was out of the office until today! Then I called the pharmacy to see if THEY had heard from insurance, since my meds are scheduled to ship tomorrow.  I ended up calling the wrong pharmacy (had a MAJOR blonde moment!) and was freaking out because I gave all of this personal info to someone that called and thought they had no idea who I was at this pharmacy! Once I called the RE back to confirm which pharmacy they had sent my prescriptions to, I realized my error and then called the correct one...they hadn't heard from insurance either!
 

Today (Monday), I called the RE and they had received a call saying that insurance had approved my IVF! As of right now, the pharmacy still hasn't heard from insurance but the girl said she is going to get someone to call them today and light a fire under them a bit. She also said that things are pretty quick once the insurance gives the approval, so she didn't seem too worried that my meds are supposed to ship tomorrow. Fingers crossed! *****UPDATE**** IVF is approved!! My meds ship tomorrow and should be here by Wednesday! Ahhh!!


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your insurance approved the IVF! I am so so happy for you! I hope that your meds get shipped like yesterday :-)

    ReplyDelete