Sunday, July 21, 2013

Twiddling my thumbs!

So, I am trying to keep myself busy, but I still can't get my mind off of all the waiting I seem to be doing. To start the cycle, I had to wait to ovulate and now that I have started the Lupron, I have to wait till my period shows up before I can start the Follistim, to stimulate my ovaries. That's where the real action begins and I want to get this show on the road! I have now been on the Lupron for 10 days and I just ready for the next phase to begin. I know it is abnormal to wish for your period when you are trying to get pregnant, but I hope it shows up in the next few days!

There have been a few people asking questions about IVF (which I am absolutely happy to answer what I can), and so I thought I would include this video I found on youtube. It gives a general explanation of the IVF process and even though the details of meds are not my exact protocol, you will get the gist of what IVF is all about and what I am and will be going through, throughout this process.
 

As for trying to keep busy, we decided to go to a drive-in movie last night and this was my first time going to one since I was maybe 8 or 9! It was fun to bring Parker and have us all watching a movie, while relaxing with some snacks in the car...something different to do. We saw Grown-Ups 2, which was funny, but I think I preferred the first one and it wont be on my list of movies I'd like to see again.

Parker with the movie screen behind him


Car cuddles



Ice cream trips have also made a more frequent appearance on our agenda. On Friday night after dinner, we took a quick drive to Dairy Queen, where we sat outside on their tables to enjoy a treat! We brought Parker along for the drive (as usual, I know) and they even offered him some ice cream! You can imagine his excitement when he saw a cookie in it and realized it was just for him! Everyone there enjoyed watching him lick up every last drop of ice cream and have a white, ice cream covered beard afterwards.




Anyway, that's basically it for today...nothing much to report until I can start the Follistim and see how my ovaries respond to that. Hopefully soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment