Friday, July 12, 2013

Sh*t just got real!


So, I went in for my blood work at the crack of dawn this morning...that was fun. Since the blood work showed that I did in fact ovulate already, they left a message for me in my IVF voicemail box to say I should start my Lupron this afternoon. They told me the Lupron should be done between 6-8am so I kind of thought I had until tomorrow morning, but they said the first one in the afternoon was fine, to get me started!
J doesn't get home till after 7pm nights, so I knew it would be too late if I waited for him and I just had to suck it up and do it. I totally worked myself up and was shaking...(I almost forgot to wash my hands!) but I finally got everything set up on a paper towel on my table, loaded up the needle and just jabbed myself really fast! I was surprised at how easily the needle went in, I may have jabbed a little too hard thinking there would be resistance or something, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't AS bad as I had made it out in my head. I am hoping I can continue being pleasantly surprised, though I fully expect to be sore when I run out of spots to stick myself!
My prep napkin
The actual shot was not bad at all, because it's a pretty small, thin needle, but I am feeling a little crampy now and I am not sure if that is the shot or a coincidence...I guess I just hope it isn't like that the whole time!

Injection site...not as red anymore though!



No comments:

Post a Comment