Thursday, July 11, 2013

Must. Eat. Better!

I started Weight Watchers in the spring because I gained a little too much chub over the winter with not eating healthy and not being as active. The stress of trying to get pregnant took a toll on my diet and I know it isn't an excuse, but I am definitely an emotional eater.

 I had been doing well on Weight Watchers and had actually lost 7lbs (halfway to my goal), and then I stopped losing and kept seeing the same weight every week! I know it is better than gaining, but I was being strict with my WW points and not over eating or eating bad foods and it was really discouraging to see my weight unchanging. Of course when I got discouraged, I got a little mad and stopped being strict with my points (what's the point if it isn't working?) and then we went on our trip and any attempt at watching what I ate went out the window!

Now that we are back, I am trying to get back to following my points in hopes of losing a few more pounds (on top of re-losing what I gained back during our trip!), but I have in the back of my mind that since I will be starting my injections on Saturday, I am going to be stressed and cranky and will not want to be bothered with "dieting".

I am determined to at least try to continue with Weight Watchers while doing my IVF, and maybe trying new recipes will be a welcomed distraction! I have gotten back to points this week, but have been lazy about cooking and just eating small meals we had that I could bake or microwave really quickly. Tonight, I decided to get back to my cooking and I made some buffalo chicken mac and cheese muffins with parmesan roasted green beans! Delicious and the muffins are only 4 points each!

Friday, I go in bright and early to get my blood work done to make sure I have ovulated (which like I have said, I should have!) and then I will officially be starting the first injections. I may have just a little over 24 hours before I am all in and can't turn back. Super nervous and I hope I surprise myself by not finding the injections difficult, especially since J is squeamish and I don't know if I trust him to do them correctly!                    









 
 
***And for the skeptics, I totally cook all of my meals!  :-)
 
 
 
             


2 comments:

  1. Those muffins were may favorite I made from her website. Delish!

    Good luck with the next step of IVF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These muffins are definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete