Sunday, December 8, 2013

7 Weeks Today!


 
Today is the beginning of my 7th week and even though that doesn't seem like much, it's a lot as far as baby's development and growth! This week, baby should be getting as big as a blueberry and his/her brain is becoming more developed and even beginning to have a more defined face!
A visible baby now!
As far as symptoms, nothing crazy yet, but definitely more nausea and I have moments of random and total exhaustion where I can't keep my eyes open! I am also having some "baby brain" memory issues (yes...I am blaming the seahorse for why I almost drove out of a one way entrance into a busy street yesterday!) and I think it is totally legit, because according to my pregnancy app, the blood from my brain is now being redirected towards the placenta for the baby! J doesn't believe me though and just thinks I am an airhead.

I have another ultrasound on Thursday, December 12th and I hope to see baby seahorse's heart beating even stronger! I think J is going to come to that appointment, since he was disappointed he missed the first one, especially since the doctor said the heartbeat will be easier to hear this week!

   ******************************************************************************

Yesterday, we went and got our Christmas tree and I started putting up the lights around our windows. I LOVE Christmas lights and I would seriously have them up all year round if it wouldn't make me look like a crazy lady! We went in a different direction this year with our tree...We normally go to one of those cut your own tree farms and pick a nice big 7ft tree, but this year we went to a more local farm that had pre-cut trees and the tree that caught our eyes was only 5.5ft! It's super cute, but feels weird not to have a bigger tree, though this one was is much easier to decorate!

Parker and his tree


2 comments: