Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 8



So, yesterday was the beginning of my eighth of pregnancy and obviously still in the beginning stages!

This past week has been much more eventful with symptoms though...the morning (not so morning) sickness has kicked in and I basically can't eat or drink many things. My body is hungry, but nothing sounds, smells or looks remotely appetizing and drinking makes me gag. I have tried water, flavored water, Kool-Aid, juice, Sunny D, ginger ale....with little success. Popsicles are the only things I want/can eat and at least they give me fluids.
I hope that my little seahorse wants to eat next week, so I can enjoy the yummy Christmas food we are supposed to have! Plus, baby is going to starve me if (s)he doesn't let me eat things!

Anyway, according to my pregnancy bump phone app, the little seahorse should be growing about a millimeter each day and even has fingers and toes forming and can move his/her arms and legs. (S)he should also be forming taste buds this week (so maybe (s)he will like food more after that! LOL)!

I have my first "regular pregnant lady" OB appointment this week, but I am disappointed that I wont get to see my little seahorse (probably for a while) because how will I know they are still in there growing like they should be!? It seems like cruel and unusual punishment to do that to a pregnant lady.

******************************************************************************
Other than feeling blah because of my sweet baby seahorse, I haven't been up to a whole lot lately, though I am seriously enjoying our new king bed and think this was definitely a good investment before I start expanding! J wouldn't have fit with me, Parker and baby seahorse in the old bed!

Think he likes it???


We also had the first real snow of the season this past weekend and Parker was so happy about that! He gets so excited when he see's the snow and snorts it up his nose like a drug!




3 comments:

  1. Ginger is very good for morning or not so morning sickness...Either ginger candy or ginger tea... It works for me as I get very nauseous during the two week wait period... Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pup does the same thing in the snow! Silly furballs.

    ReplyDelete