Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Insert Panic Here!

Today, at my monitoring, the doctor was looking at my follicles and told me there was a big possibility that tonight I would be triggering. I had a bit of concern because I have only had 9 doses of Follistim so far (last time I had 10) and my doctor had said before this cycle started, that he wanted to hold me off a little longer for this cycle, in the hopes of more mature eggs. I brought that up and then they told me they would look at my blood work and compare to last cycle and then let me know, so they called this afternoon to say I have one more night of Follistim and then I will most likely trigger tomorrow night instead (egg retrieval Saturday).

 Knowing for sure that trigger was near, my chest immediately started hurting and getting tight...I am in panic mode about going under anesthesia again, now that I know how it went over last time. I am seriously wishing my doctor was one of the doctors that gave me some relaxation drugs and I was awake for the procedure, I know it might hurt, but the anesthesia is freaking me the frick out! I honestly don't know how I am going to get through the next few days and get past retrieval with my mind intact. I just wish I could skip ahead to Monday, when I hopefully have healthy, happy embryos growing in a petri dish!

Please, please, please let ICSI be the trick we needed to get better fertilization results! If you don't know about it, ICSI is pretty fascinating. Tiny sperm and egg cells being manipulated into fertilization, using tiny medical instruments, under a microscope, in a lab. I wish I could watch them go through the process with my own eggs, but I did see a video of a couple from the Today Show that went through the IVF on live television and they showed the woman's eggs being fertilized with ICSI.  This is what will be happening, shortly after my eggs are retrieved from me!
 
 

I am also not the only one going through this immense stress right now...Tomorrow (Halloween), my good friend will be having a surgery to hopefully help her get a better understanding of her own fertility. I wish her a safe and easy surgery and a quick and speedy recovery, with "positive" results in the near future!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. sending you ((hugs)) and hoping that you have a smooth ER. And more importantly, lots of rockstar embryos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you and wishing you the very best for this ER!! I will be rooting so hard for you!!!! FX!!

    ReplyDelete