Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Need to start thinking like Ariel!


My negativity seems to be consuming me lately. I am really trying not to let it control me, but I can't help thinking about how this IVF cycle is our last chance (at least for a while) and I don't have any good feelings about it working. I wish I was one of those people that was so positive and optimistic, even when things are shittier than shit. I wish I had faith that I would get my miracle soon, even if it doesn't feel like I will.
I read this blog post today about "Infertility Jealousy" and it is EXACTLY how I feel, down to the very words this woman used. I am jealous of people that are pregnant and have babies and sweet little toddlers...I have a green eyed monster inside of me and I can no longer control it! I want to control it...I know these other women have not taken my baby, I just want my baby to make an appearance too!

 Here is the link to the infertility jealousy blog, if you're interested.
Infertility Jealousy

So, I have been thinking that The Little Mermaid is the perfect theme for this cycle's IVF...even though Ariel's circumstances are clearly different, she is a positive thinker and doesn't give up hope that she can fulfill her dreams! The Ursula in my story is infertility and that bitch has GOT TO GO!
Not Thursday, but here's a little Throwback!

 
And I know there are a few of you out there that also need some cheering up and some positivity, so here's another Little Mermaid song to make you all smile!

3 comments:

  1. I am rooting so hard for you! Wishing you so much luck that this will be your cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video - needed that :) I hope you can find a way to think positive for this cycle. Ariel's got it right: Someday you'll be part of that [mommy] world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at this stuff... isn't it neat?
    Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?

    ReplyDelete