Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Insurance sweeps in to add more stress!

Today, I decided to call my RE to check on the status of IVF #2 (since I am due to start on Monday and still need my meds) and when I am talking to the woman, she brings up the fact that apparently my insurance never paid them for the egg retrieval from IVF #1! I check the status of the claim online, thinking they were just being slow with the claim and I find the words "Not Covered: Claim Denied" on my profile. This had me fuming because I have letters FROM the insurance company saying my IVF had been approved for coverage, before I even started it the first time! When I called, they told me that it was denied because my doctor was supposed to obtain "pre-authorization" before I received treatment and that they "didn't know" I was doing this before they received a bill. When I asked them how they could have possibly sent me a letter approving coverage if they "didn't know about it", they put me on hold and came back with some other excuse for why it was denied...apparently a mismatched tax ID number. I asked how they fix this error so they can reprocess the claim and the woman has the nerve to tell me "IF they can fix the error, they will re-process my claim", and the IF is unacceptable to me, especially when she said they deal with it internally, leaving me to believe it was someone THERE that made the error in the first place! NOT HAPPY.

Still waiting for them to give pre-authorization for IVF #2 (and I will definitely be keeping that approval letter too!), but the pharmacy managed to get authorized for my drugs, so my "party box" should be here tomorrow! Better remove the clutter in my dining room so I can access my mini-fridge again!

In other news, my Little Mermaid DVD came today and I am super excited about it! One of my FAVORITE Disney movies and I pre-ordered it in May, so I have been waiting a while!

Yesterday, in anticipation of the release of the Little Mermaid from the Disney Vault, I went on YOUTUBE to listen to some of the songs....because I am a dork!


Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Little Mermaid song and that's all I have to say for now...just had to vent about my insurance driving me nuts!


 

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, thanks for posting that clip :) Little Mermaid has always been my favorite!

    I'm absolutely outraged to hear that your insurance is pulling that BS with you. I hope they straighten it out quickly!!

    Have fun with your party in a box ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your insurance. I had to deal with some crappy people while trying to sort out a claim awhile back. I hope it works out quickly for you.

    And The Little Mermaid is the best Disney movie. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhh insurance sucks. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I'm still trying to get my claim processed from a procedure done in June for a similar reason (wrong ID number or something). I hope that it gets sorted out much more quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have to deal with insurance being uncooperative, I hope they get it straightened out quickly for you. LOVE the Little Mermaid! When H & I were out west this summer, we tried to constantly be loud to scare away bears - I may have belted out a number of Little Mermaid songs along our hike!

    ReplyDelete