Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hey! There's someone in there!


Sunday marked the beginning of my 5th week of pregnancy, so I decided to start my chalkboards to commemorate every little size milestone my baby seahorse gets to each week!

Today, I had my first ultrasound and I was super nervous thinking about nothing being in there or them finding an ectopic pregnancy or something bad. I was literally shaking the whole ride to the clinic and then in the waiting room. I'm not ready for this to be over! It is just beginning!

The doctor comes into the exam room while I have my legs up in the stirrups and tells me not to expect to see anything today, since I am only 5weeks 2days pregnant and there might not be anything showing up yet. She said this was basically a check to see if my lining was still healthy because they would need to switch up my dosages of meds if need be.  Finally, she sticks the ultrasound wand where it goes (ahem) and right on the screen, pops my little bean! MY bean was in there! My bean is clearly not shy and wanted the doc to know (s)he was in there! There wasn't a whole lot to see, but my yolk sac was there and even the doctor was surprised when she saw it. I had her print a picture of my bean for me, because I need EVERYTHING, so that I can just stare at my baby seahorse whenever I want!
I go in for more blood work and another ultrasound next Thursday and by then, there should be a heartbeat for this little one. Please God, let there be a heart beat! Let my bean grow big and strong and let me meet him/her so that I can love them forever.

Here is the ultrasound of my baby seahorse from today. The thing that looks like a fried egg in the middle...yep, that's my baby!! AHHHH!!! I am officially OCCUPIED!! There is no vacancy in my UTE! WOOHOOOOO

I introduce to you...MY seahorse!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Grow, little bean, grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love this and I can't wait to see more updates <3 Hope you're having a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! this is going to be such a wild and amazing journey :D

    ReplyDelete